For the past few weeks since I’ve been out of a job (yes I’m still jobless), I have been meeting up with my girls. Last week (Friday), we met up to celebrate our dear Juls’ birthday. It wasn’t too expensive but hey…it’s the COMPANY that counts 😉 We ate at Botak Jones and it really wasn’t too bad.
Caesar Salad ($5.00) – it was too creamy for my liking. But all of us wiped it out quickly because we were s-t-a-r-v-ing.
We were so hungry because we queued for almost 1/2 an hour. Ulgh. I.dun.like.queueing.
Steak with brown gravy ($14.00) – This was Juls’ choice which was good. I love steak but I wanted to try everything… so I ordered something else. Anyway the steak was tender and flavoursome. YUM
Cajun Chicken ($7.00) – I never knew chicken breasts could taste so good and juicy. This was Gerri’s choice, it’s a pity she didnt finish her food because I DID!!! 🙂
Rosemary Lamb Chops ($11) – This was my choice, and yes I LURVVEEEEEE and absolutely adore red meat. The lamb literally melts in your mouth because of the fats but hey…we’ve only one life each. *shrug*
Fish & Chips ($10 – large portion) – Avril ordered this and we decided to get a bigger portion to try out the fish. This was…normal. I’ve nothing to add about it. I’d rather eat the Fish & Chips at Big Fish along Siglap.
Yeah this place wasn’t too bad I must say. We HAD to wait for another 1/2 an hour for the food. I’m not too sure whether I want to queue for my food. But I HAD TO try it because well… it’s an experience and since some of my friends were talking about this place. I give it a 7/10 (since it’s relatively cheaper than restaurants).
Botak Jones (Clementi)
Blk 325 Clementi Ave 5
We then headed to TCC HV for a cuppa each, where we started talking and talking…about everything and anything. It’s always nice to meet up with the gals, esp Gerri 😉
Just yesterday (Thurs), we met up with a couple more for drinks and dinner. It was a good time once again and I am lookin forward to meetign them again. I realised I’ve been spending quite a lot of time with the Nittan babes… what to do, we’re like super close. Last Sunday, before I went into camp (yes I’m like a blackie now), Christy came to my place and we had dinner together before meeting a special someone. It was also a good time to meet up with people whom you haven’t met in a while. For more photos, click here.
And after all these weeks, I can gladly say that I’m over being pissed and disappointed at my Managers in the previous company. I am really happy to be out of the shithole only because most of the managers have
1) no idea what they’re doing – even simple things like assuming. They have constantly assumed that I’ve done this and that and have accused me SEVERAL times of things I haven’t done. Haven’t they heard, to assume is making an ASS out of U and ME?
2) lied to me about ALOT of things – really…things about lying that my big boss hates me and wants me out of the company when in actual fact he wanted to lock me (and the 2 other gals namely Gerri and Juls) in and ONLY MERELY said that I was a little laid-back and needed pushing. EVEN IF this were a misunderstanding, how is it possible to have misunderstood so much from me needing a little pushing to the big boss (from Tokyo) wanting me out of the company? AND did they really think we would leave quietly and not find out from others about the truth?
3) isses about control (and lack the confidence in themselves) – after I tendered my resignation, the two managers pulled me and juls into the meeting room and threw their weight around (actually it’s only ONE manager who decided to be an ass), telling both of us ON A WEDNESDAY (when our last supposed day is FRIDAY) that the “higher management” were not happy that so many juniors were leaving so our so-called resignation was “pending”. And only when I clarified things with the Managing Director (MD) did I realise that that particular arsehole (PA) was just playing games with our minds.
4) no respect for the company – when Juls and I told that PA that we wanted to tell/confess to the MD that we lied not because we wanted our jobs back but only because he’s the boss and deserves to know, he told us that “it’s already over, why make the boss angry again?” and the worst thing that he sprouted out (and this is the crunch of it) was “ANYWAY, honesty is not the issue anymore”. If you have no respect for even the boss,….
5) no professionalism – from wanting to screw up their own clients to other things that I’d rather not talk about. I really cannot be bothered anymore.
Seriously…if more than 1/2 the batch of trainees left, it really spells and means that it’s really not the employees of the company, or at least the employees working at a Junior level. I’m just glad and I’m sure I’m speaking for all the people who left that we’re glad we’re out of the company. Initially I was really sad that things turned out this way especially because I KNEW that all the trainees wanted to make our company work out, but oh well… *shrug* If you have managers who constantly lie to cover their own asses, who are selfish enough to do whatever’s being listed above and managers who have no respect whatsoever for his subordinates, well…this company will fail, again.
I rest my case 🙂